Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The zen of MTTs

I've now played 223 MTTs. It's a far cry from the 1,444 sit and gos I've played, but it's not an inconsiderable number, either. I feel like I now have a really good understanding of how to play MTTs. I'm dialed into their zen, in other words :-) Let me share my knowledge with you. The first thing you have to realize is that you must be very patient. The second thing is that if you're too patient, you're going to lose :-) Your way lies between the extremes of total patience and total impatience, grasshopper.

Let me tell you how you're generally not going to make the money. You're generally not going to make the money by shooting to the head of the pack and staying there. Generally speaking, you're going to make the money by being out of the running the whole night long, but just stubbornly refusing to quit. Generally speaking, you make the money by backing into it. That's what happened to me last night. I've seen this pattern repeat so many times, I get seriously worried if I ever find myself at the head of the pack :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   8-Game   4350   650       6   117      97   18    17     5480
SNG   NLHE    44000  6000       6    20       6    2     5        0
SNG   NLHE    44000  6000       6    47       6    2     3        0


delta: $-99,520
Sit and go no limit hold'em balance: $3,803,000
balance: $11,840,674

No comments:

Post a Comment