Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Too many flops

There's a wonderful moment in the movie "Amadeus" when Mozart's patron blandly informs him that his work has "too many notes". Mozart is dumbstruck, since as an artist he knows instinctively that music can't be reduced to something as banal as numbers. Poker can't be reduced to numbers, either, but it comes a lot closer :-)

Last night, if I had a poker patron, he would blandly have informed me that I saw "too many flops". For the first time since I returned to cash game no limit hold'em, my seeing the flop percentage exceeded fifty, and I had a losing session. I'll try to keep it under fifty tonight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 111 hands and saw flop:
 - 12 out of 14 times while in big blind (85%)
 - 6 out of 15 times while in small blind (40%)
 - 40 out of 82 times in other positions (48%)
 - a total of 58 out of 111 (52%)
 Pots won at showdown - 7 of 19 (36%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,260,722
balance: $9,121,661

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neo,
    I think you think poker is more than just numbers. That there is an instinct you need to do well. Would you say the same about chess, where even the best players lose to machines? No-Limit Hold'em is a game, and games can be solved. Let's just hope it stays unsolved for as long as possible.
    Thanks,
    Al

    ReplyDelete