Saturday, March 14, 2015

The return of the apostate

I haven't played poker since January 16th. That's an ungodly long time ago. There's a simple reason for my lengthy absence; I was playing another game instead. Chess. My oldest friend in the world convinced me to join the chess website chess.com, and I was having a blast playing blitz on it. I dropped poker like a hot potato, after being devoted to it for over 6 years. Just on the face of it, that was highly unusual, and I should have realized that my switch of allegiances was suspect, and not likely to last. I didn't, since I was having too much fun.

However, the chess fun has really tapered off lately. Chess is too much like work! Also, it's not relaxing at all. For whatever reason, poker relaxes me like no other game I've ever played. Can you blame me for deciding to chuck chess, and return to poker? I can't :-)

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

  4500       500           6        56    46        0


delta: $-5,000
MTT 8-game balance: $102,290
balance: $9,552,230

No comments:

Post a Comment