Friday, January 16, 2015

The thinnest draw of all

When you're a 10% dog, you're drawing thin. When you're a 1% dog, you're drawing super thin. However, my friends and neighbors, when you're a .1% dog, that's the thinnest draw of all. It's when your only hope is running cards, and only two cards fit the bill. To win, you must hit one of them on the turn, and the other on the river; the order doesn't matter. When you're heads up after the flop, there are 990 ways the turn and river can play out, ignoring order. The thinnest draw of all is when only one of those ways enables you to win. That's precisely what happened to me last night, on hand 86 of the sit and go 8-game I played. I was dealt 6s Kc, and the flop came Ks 2h 6d. The game at the time was limit hold'em, and I bet it heavily all the way down the line. Imagine my shock when my opponent turned over Kd Kh. To win the hand, I would have needed to hit running sixes on the turn and the river. I was a .1% dog after the flop, and was drawing dead after the turn. My opponent had the good grace to remark "tough one"; I replied, "a bit of a cooler, I'll allow :-)"

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 45000      5000           6        92     3        0


delta: $-50,000
sit and go balance: $1,595,950
balance: $9,557,230

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neo,
    Don't play K6o preflop. It's a terrible hand with almost zero playability postflop.
    Thanks,
    Al

    ReplyDelete