Saturday, August 30, 2014

Another top 10 in a losing cause

Although I had a losing session last night, I was much more comfortable playing hold'em than I had been playing 7 card stud. The great advantage hold'em has over practically ever other poker flavor out there is the flop. The flop gives you an incredible amount of information early on; you only need to make it through one betting round to get it. Not only that, once you've seen the flop, you know more about your opponents' holdings at that stage of the hand than you would in practically any other poker flavor. The reason why is simple - your opponents have to use the flop just as you do. If you hit the flop really hard, it stands to reason that that reduces their chances of having hit it hard. If you whiff on the flop, that makes it more likely that one or more of your opponents hit it.

I won my biggest pot of the night, $106,044, after I'd already hit the felt twice. The hand delta of $55,522 is the fourth largest positive hand delta I've ever had in a losing cause. That's my consolation prize for losing :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 146 hands and saw flop:
 - 17 out of 23 times while in big blind (73%)
 - 12 out of 24 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 64 out of 99 times in other positions (64%)
 - a total of 93 out of 146 (63%)
 Pots won at showdown - 15 of 28 (53%)
 Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $-67,113
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $6,944,814
balance: $10,077,713

No comments:

Post a Comment