Tuesday, July 12, 2022

A solitary superdonk

Some years ago, when I was playing lots of rebuy tournaments, I encountered lots of superdonks. These are skill-less players who routinely go all in, hit the felt, rebuy, go all in, hit the felt, rebuy, ad nauseum. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually, I soured on rebuys due to the superdonks. They drain all of the skill, and all of the fun, out of the game. Earlier this year, when I was looking for tournaments to replace the midnight train, I was leery of tournaments that allowed re-entries (i.e., rebuys) during the late registration period, fearing that eventually they'd be overrun by the superdonks. Thankfully, I was wrong about this. The PokerStars Valueraptor tournaments, which are my new midnight train, allow re-entries during the late registration period, but somehow the superdonks have stayed away. Last night, I encountered one, but it was a lone wolf. I doubled up through this solitary superdonk, who re-entered four times before finally calling it a night, losing 25 million in the process.

style flavor  buy_in    entry players entries paid place  winnings

MTT   NLHE   4400000   600000       8     105   17    24         0

delta: $-5,000,000
MTT NLHE balance: $108,461,468
2022 balance: $41,398,000
blue distance: $16,540,000
balance: $136,241,953

No comments:

Post a Comment