Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Self-sabotage?

Buttons can be dangerous things. They're all too easy to press accidentally. Once a button has been pressed, you must live with the consequences, whether you meant to press it or not. I'll never forget pressing a button on a phone during a call with a girlfriend who had broken up with me, who I was trying to win back. That action hung up the phone, abruptly ending the call and any slim chance of success I might have had. To this day, I don't know why I pressed the button. In other words, I don't know if it was an accident or not. If it wasn't an accident, it may have been a deliberate act of self-sabotage. What I do know for certain is that prior to that phone call, I had no knowledge of what that button did, or even of its existence. The end of last night's session brought that fatal button press to mind. On the final hand of the night, I was short-stacked and needed to fold after paying to see a flop which didn't help me in any way. An opponent made a bet, and I fully intended to fold; however, for some reason I clicked the call button instead. I honestly don't know why I did that. It could have just been a simple fingerfehler; on the other hand, it could have been an insidious act of self-sabotage. I want to believe it was the former, but I can't quite convince myself.

style flavor buy_in  entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   174000  26000       6      82   21    38        0

delta: $-200,000
MTT NLHE balance: $23,136,768
2020 balance: $15,714,443
blue distance: $1,658,900
balance: $77,522,453

No comments:

Post a Comment