Thursday, March 12, 2020

One minute and counting

Several James Bond movies have classic countdown sequences. I think the best of the bunch is the one in "You Only Live Twice". The suspense ratchets up as the countdown winds down. A robotic, disembodied voice over a loudspeaker periodically intones "T minus [some number] minutes and counting", as mayhem is breaking out all over the enemy compound. The contrast between the chaos of the fighting and the regularity of the countdown is amusing. I used to try to imitate that voice, especially the quirky pronunciation of the final word - something akin to Khan-ting :-)

Last night, I wish I'd had the patience to wait until there was one minute and Khan-ting in the late registration period of the tournament I entered to join it. Instead, I hit the rail at that moment, gaining myself yet another 0th place.

style flavor buy_in entry players entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   187000 13000       6      63   18     -        0


delta: $-200,000
MTT NLHE balance: $8,875,668
2020 balance: $1,900,343
balance: $63,708,353

No comments:

Post a Comment