Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Sneaking up the back stairway

When playing MTT-R NLHE tournaments, as a general rule it's better to join as early in the late registration period as possible. This is in contrast to MTT NLHE tournaments, when it's better to join as late in the late registration period as possible. One of the really nice features of MTT-R NLHEs is that there's actually never a time when it's not safe to join them. Joining earlier is better, but you still have a chance to make a ginormous profit even if you join late. I liken this latter scenario to sneaking up the back stairway of a house :-) Last night, I almost snuck my way into the money, but came up just short. When I joined, there was less than a minute left in the late registration period. I didn't get to play a single hand before the late registration period ended and the add on period began. So I started play near the bottom of the pack. There's something about starting out short-stacked which focuses the mind tremendously; I highly recommend it :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    46      58   12    15        0


delta: $-100,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $45,586,000
2019 balance: $11,582,250
balance: $58,166,510

No comments:

Post a Comment