Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The last time I fell in

I've mentioned before that there are three ways for all your chips to go into the middle:

1. the all in
2. the call in
3. the fall in

Of the three, the one to avoid like the plague is the fall in. I'll go further than that - I'll categorically state that you should never allow yourself to fall in if you haven't made the money yet. In practical terms, that means going all in proactively, rather than waiting for the fall in to happen to you. If you've made the money, there's no harm at all in falling in - it simply means you were employing a "ladder up" strategy, which may or may not have worked out for you.

Last night, I missed the money for the eighth consecutive session. The good news is, I didn't fall in once during that stretch. The last time I fell in was on November 16, but that was in a tournament where I'd already made the money. The last time I fell in during a losing cause was longer ago - on November 8, to be precise.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    50      46   12    27        0


delta: $-150,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $33,288,500
2018 balance: $-93,000
balance: $45,420,260

No comments:

Post a Comment