Monday, September 24, 2018

Apockalypse now

I first used this blog post title on May 13, 2016. Here's an excerpt of what I had to say:

There are certain situations which arise at a poker table when everyone who stays in the hand more than willingly puts all their chips into the middle ... I was dealt Qs Qd, an opponent was dealt Qh Qc, and a second opponent was dealt Jc Js. In other words, it was pocks vs. pocks vs. pocks. Apockalypse now!

A similar circumstance arose on Saturday night. I was dealt 8c 8d, an opponent was dealt Qc Qh, and a second opponent was dealt As Ad. The queens went all in preflop, and the rockets and I called. The rockets went all in on the river, with a board of 7h Kc Kh 9d 2s. I called. The only reason all my chips didn't go into the middle is that I had both of my opponents covered. I lost 8,983 chips on the hand, which severely crippled my stack. I hit the rail ten hands later. My blue distance is now in shouting distance of 8 million dollars, and my 2018 balance is approaching life support territory. Am I worried? Not yet!

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    45      94   27    35        0


delta: $-100,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $34,744,500
2018 balance: $1,363,000
balance: $46,876,260

No comments:

Post a Comment