Friday, June 8, 2018

Miniature poker

Here's an excerpt of what I had to say in my October 11, 2015 post:

No matter how much I've tried to tell myself that I don't mind the small sums I can win playing MTT NLHEs, I really do mind. It's like playing miniature poker, or watching myself playing poker through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars. It's all very well to clean up in Lilliput, but at the end of the day, you end up with a rounding error of what you could have earned if you'd played in Brobdingnag.

With one small alteration, this conclusion also applies to last night's session - just substitute "MTT 8-games" for "MTT NLHEs". You have to fight tooth and claw for hours to make the money in an MTT 8-game, and for what? A really lousy payout. Why be such a glutton for punishment? Tonight, it's back to MTT-R NLHEs for me.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   8-Game  45000  5000       6    59      60   12    23        0


delta: $-50,000
MTT 8-game balance: $-517,830
2018 balance: $6,970,000
balance: $52,483,260

No comments:

Post a Comment