Tuesday, April 10, 2018

High end plussed

I first used this blog post title on June 2, 2011, back in my cash game days. Here's an excerpt of what I had to say:

On the hand in question, I got high end plussed. Here's what I mean by that: when the board has four cards to a straight which are all in a row, there's one way to fill the low end of the straight, but there are actually two ways to fill the high end. The common way to fill the high end is by holding a card which is one higher than the highest board card which is part of the draw. A much rarer way to fill the high end is by holding the card just mentioned and also holding a card which is one higher than that card.

Last night, I hit the rail when my hand filled the high end, but lost to a high end plus. Had I chopped that pot I feel confident I would have made the money. C'est la guerre :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    59      56   12    18        0


delta: $-100,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $39,579,500
2018 balance: $5,856,000
balance: $51,369,260

No comments:

Post a Comment