Monday, January 22, 2018

Saved by Broadway

This is the second time I've used this title. The first was on December 25, 2015; here's what I had to say then:

Playing a sit and go is much like canoeing down a river which has some dangerous whitewater sections. Much of the time, you're not in any danger; however, there are periods of intense danger which you must survive if you're going to make it all the way to the sea. Sometimes, you're forced to throw caution to the winds. That's what happened to me on hand 9 of the second tournament I entered last night. I'd been dealt a big slick (ace king), and called a big pre-flop bet to go all in. I spiked a jack on the river to complete Broadway (an ace high straight). Saved by Broadway - what a great feeling :-) That allowed me to play 35 more hands, come in 3rd, and make a healthy profit on my investment.

Last night, I was saved by Broadway once again. As before, I'd been dealt a big slick. This time, I spiked a ten on the river to complete Broadway. That allowed me to play 57 more hands, come in 4th, and make an extremely healthy profit on my investment :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9   130      83   18     4  1671000


delta: $1,521,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $36,287,500
2018 balance: $2,564,000
balance: $48,077,260

No comments:

Post a Comment