Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Crybaby

I first used this blog post title on February 12, 2016. Here's an excerpt of what I had to say:

There are certain universal truths:

1. no one wants to see your vacation pictures
2. no one wants to read your blog
3. no one wants to listen to your bad beat sob stories


In general, I've been very good about not running counter to these truths. Although I'd like people to read my blog, I don't beg them to, and I write it for myself anyway. I very rarely tell bad beat sob stories. I think people who do are just crybabies. I'm going to step out of character briefly, and inhabit the role of crybaby.


Here are my bad beat sob stories from last night's tournament:

sob story 1: on hand 24, I was dealt pocket kings, and went all in preflop against two opponents. After the turn, I was a 66.67% favorite, but hit the felt when one of my opponents spiked a straight on the river.

sob story 2: on hand 30, I was dealt ATo (ace ten offsuit), and went all in preflop against two opponents. After the flop, I was an 85.94% favorite, but hit the felt when one of my opponents spiked a straight on the turn.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT-R NLHE    43500  6500       9    54      41    9    20        0


delta: $-350,000
MTT with rebuys NLHE balance: $30,236,500
2017 balance: $30,599,055
balance: $42,016,885

No comments:

Post a Comment