Friday, May 26, 2017

Rebuy tournaments considered addictive

I've only played a small number of rebuy tournaments so far, but I'm already noticing patterns. Since poker is all about pattern recognition, that's a good thing :-) The behavior of some of my fellow players is truly astonishing. They pop rebuys like Pez, even though every rebuy costs them another buy in and entry fee. Some of them literally go all in every single hand, and do a double rebuy when they hit the felt (I forgot to mention, at every point where a rebuy is possible, a double rebuy is also possible; you pay twice the normal amount for twice the normal amount of chips). I can't get too upset at these players, however; they're the ones who cause the prize pool to get so ginormous. I just wish they'd play at somebody else's table :-) It seems pretty clear that they're actually addicted to going all in, and just can't stop themselves. They rationalize this by saying they can always rebuy if they lose. All I can say is that's an excellent way to decimate your PokerStars balance; I'd never do it in a million years.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE   130500 19500       9    51      65   15    39        0
MTT   NLHE   130500 19500       9    44      73   15    49        0


delta: $-300,000
MTT NLHE balance: $6,342,848
2017 balance: $4,213,825
balance: $15,631,655

No comments:

Post a Comment