Monday, January 30, 2017

A change in philosophy

I know it's a bad idea to join a 9 max MTT too early *; there's just too much variance to make that a good play. It's much better to let a bunch of other players get knocked out before you join. I never bothered to reevaluate this philosophy with respect to 6 max, but that was a mistake. There's way less variance in 6 max; so much less, in fact, that I think it's fine to join a 6 max MTT at any time, even at the very beginning of the late registration period. It stands to reason that the better a player you are, the longer you give your greater skills a chance to work on the lesser skills of your opponents, the better.

Last night, I joined a 6 max MTT NLHE with more than 20 minutes left in the late registration period. I had some ups and downs, but got a nice chip infusion just before the late registration period ended, when I was dealt rockets. I parlayed that luck into a decent profit.

* truth be told, it's a bad idea to join a 9 max MTT in general :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6   122     148   36    24   106000


delta: $56,000
MTT NLHE balance: $2,309,748
2017 balance: $392,600
balance: $11,810,430

No comments:

Post a Comment