Friday, December 16, 2016

The fingerfehler that wasn't

I've had my share of poker fingerfehlers over the years. Last night, I had my first faux fingerfehler :-) Let me explain. Every tournament on PokerStars has an associated tournament lobby; each lobby lists the current stacks of all the remaining players in the tournament, in descending order, followed by the names of all the players who are out of the tournament, along with their places and any prize money they were awarded at the time of their exit. Each lobby also includes a lot of other important information, such as the total prize pool, the total number of players who have entered the tournament, the buy in, the entry fee, the payouts, the average stack size, etc. I like to keep a pretty close eye on the lobby as I play; it's important to know when the money bubble is about to burst, in order to be able to adjust one's play appropriately.

For some reason, when I entered the first tournament of the session last night, I inadvertently brought up the lobby of a different tournament entirely - without realizing, of course. I was shocked and chagrined when I saw that the total amount of play money each player had put on the line was a full million. I thought I'd put a million on the line by mistake. When I brought up my current balance, it didn't reflect such a hit, and I was quite relieved. I soon realized that the mistake I'd made was that I hadn't brought up the correct lobby, and rectified that right away.

The thing is, a small part of me was disappointed that I hadn't made the mistake of putting a million on the line! A small part of me wants to gamble really big; I've got to keep an eye on that :-)

style flavor buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6    59     109   30    26    73000
MTT   NLHE    45000  5000       6   103      90   21    11   129000


delta: $102,000
MTT NLHE balance: $1,379,748
2016 balance: $180,066
balance: $10,880,430

No comments:

Post a Comment