Monday, May 30, 2016

A brutal way to go

When you're heads up after the flop against a single opponent, there are 990 different ways the remainder of the community cards can fall. The worst situation you can be in at this point is to be drawing dead. The next worst is when just a single one of the 990 combinations enables you to win. That's the situation I was in on the final hand of last night's session. I'd been dealt a big slick, but my opponent had been dealt pocket rockets. The flop came 2h Ks As, giving me top two pair, and my opponent a set of aces. I got all in after a brief raising war. The only combination which allowed me to win was running kings. The turn was Tc, so I was drawing dead on the river. Man, that hurt.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 141 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 17 times while in big blind (35%)
 - 9 out of 18 times while in small blind (50%)
 - 46 out of 106 times in other positions (43%)
 - a total of 61 out of 141 (43%)
 Pots won at showdown - 8 of 15 (53%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-50,000
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $5,599,141
balance: $9,844,283

No comments:

Post a Comment