Saturday, October 10, 2015

Redraw adieux

In poker parlance, a redraw is what it's called when an underdog who is well behind in a hand suddenly takes the lead. Lately, my exits from MTT NLHEs have largely been of the being-on-the-wrong-end-of-a-redraw variety. I call such exits redraw adieux. Strange as it may seem at first, this is my preferred way to go out of a tournament. It's not so strange when you consider that such exits validate my poker instincts. If something unusual doesn't happen, I win the hand. If something unusual does happen, I'm out, but that's poker :-)

Last night, I was actually a slight underdog preflop on my final hand, so I can't officially call my exit a redraw adieu. It was closely related to one, though, as I flopped a monster which then ran into a redraw. I'd been dealt ace jack suited, and was up against a pair of fives. I called all in preflop, and was a 48.25% underdog at that point. When I flopped a set of jacks, I became a 92.63% favorite. My opponent spiked a five on the turn, though, and that was all she wrote. Thankfully for me, I was already in the money at the time :-)

buy_in entry players hands entries paid place winnings

   900   100       9    76    1239  315   157     2620


delta: $1,620
MTT NLHE balance: $-1,828
balance: $7,209,664

No comments:

Post a Comment