Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Memorable cooler

If a memorable hand is defined to be one where you remember both the winning and the losing holdings, then by far the majority of memorable hands for me are the ones I lose in a cooler situation. That's what happened in the middle tournament of the three I played last night. I'd been dealt king small of diamonds, and hit a flush on the turn. I got into a raising war with one other player, and eventually went all in on the turn. At showdown, my opponent turned over ace small of diamonds, and I was gone. I lost a whopping $11,491. I say whopping since I was playing a massive field MTT again. I know I said I'd try to stay away from them since they don't have profit potential, but they're so fun to play I have to play one every now and then :-)

My "percent at turn" utility tells me that my king small holding beat 98% of all the possible holdings my opponent could have at that point. Of course, he had one of the 2% of holdings that beat me. Going all in was the right thing to do, even though it didn't pan out.

style flavor buy_in entry players hands place winnings

MTT   8-Game   4500   500       6    76    31        0
MTT   NLHE      900   100       9    24   462        0
SNG   8-Game   9000  1000       6   187     2    18900


delta: $2,900
MTT 8-game balance: $170,320
balance: $8,909,473

No comments:

Post a Comment