Monday, May 4, 2015

Bootstrapping

Last night, I played an MTT 8-game, had a blast, and made the final table. I now firmly believe it's a mistake not to late register when entering MTTs, so I only late register these days :-) The sweet spot is 25-35 minutes after the tournament starting time.

I had a short stack for much of the night, but was table to keep outlasting other players. Sometimes you just have a feeling you're going to make the final table, and I got that feeling when I was about 10 spots away. From my observations of the vicissitudes of MTTs, I greatly prefer making the final table by bootstrapping my way there instead of being a front runner. It makes for a wilder ride, and that's half the fun :-)

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

  4500       500           6       166     4    39780


delta: $34,780
MTT 8-game balance: $131,680
balance: $8,999,429

No comments:

Post a Comment