Friday, September 14, 2012

Types of impatience

Last night, I displayed at least two different types of impatience. In the first tournament I entered, I got to heads up with a 2-1 chip lead. On a hand where I had an open-ended straight draw, I decided to call when my opponent went all in on the turn. I missed my straight, and to add insult to injury, my opponent made a full house on the river. This is an example of being impatient late.

In the second tournament I entered, I went up $450 on the very first hand. Unfortunately, that was the only hand I won that tournament. I didn't sit on my early lead the way I should have, and ended up going out in fifth place. This is an example of being impatient early.

Of course, one can be impatient at any stage of a tournament, or session. Also, one can be impatient either optimistically or pessimistically. In both cases last night, I was optimistically impatient.

buy_in entry_fee num_players num_hands place winnings

 50000       800           6        76     2   105000
 50000       800           6        28     5        0
 50000       800           6        47     4        0


delta: $-47,400
tournament balance: $1,342,490
balance: $6,473,221

No comments:

Post a Comment