Tuesday, August 6, 2013

An amazing coincidence

I've now played 227 straight sessions of cash game poker. I have to admit, there are some features of tournament poker I sorely miss. Here's a partial list:

1. the adrenaline rush of playing for big sums of play money
2. how ridiculously difficult it is to make a profit, and what it says about your poker skills if you do
3. the hand-to-hand combat of playing heads up

Every now and then, I get to practice my heads up skills while at a cash game table. That's what happened at the end of last night's session; the final 21 hands I played were against a single opponent. At the start of that stretch, my opponent had $8,897 in chips; at the end, he had nothing. I was curious to see how many heads up hands I've played in cash games, so I wrote a utility to find out. When I saw the result, I couldn't believe it! How's this for an amazing coincidence - the number of times I've been heads up in cash games exactly matches the number of times I've gone all in in cash games - 459 to be precise (out of a total of 32,442 hands).

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 60 hands and saw flop:
 - 16 out of 18 times while in big blind (88%)
 - 14 out of 17 times while in small blind (82%)
 - 18 out of 25 times in other positions (72%)
 - a total of 48 out of 60 (80%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 10 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 14

delta: $11,710
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $4,835,718
balance: $7,192,671

No comments:

Post a Comment