Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Late laydown

The largest amount I lost on a single hand on Sunday night was $12,600. This was near the end of the session, when I'd been dealt pocket rockets. Had I not laid them down when I got reraised on the flop, I would have lost a lot more. So, although it was my biggest net negative hand, it was also one of my best. The player who won the hand had me covered; if I'd stayed in the hand, there was an excellent chance I would've hit the felt. My only chance would have been if I'd gone all in and that player had laid down his straight draw. As it happened, he hit his straight on the river. Although it's not as exciting to avoid losing a massive amount of chips as it is to win a massive amount, it's just as important a poker ability.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 29 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 4 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 1 out of 4 times while in small blind (25%)
 - 12 out of 21 times in other positions (57%)
 - a total of 16 out of 29 (55%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 4 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $5,519
cash game no limit hold'em balance: $3,929,894
balance: $6,379,302

No comments:

Post a Comment